SPEEDLINER® 2.0 Doubleround Ribbon
OFFSET CROSS – RIBBON (2nd FOLD)
Full speed, shaftless and with high volume capacity, it represents the state of the art of stitching systems for short-grain commercial print.
The original SPEEDLINER® series of stitchers, capable of running beyond full production speed, has proven itself to be the most secure and reliable range of in-line stitchers on the market. The SPEEDLINER® 2.0 Ribbon Doubleround uses this well proven technology but is made double round, i.e. it stitches two copies each cylinder lap. This ensures stable production and extensive volume capacity in high-speed, short-grain commercial production.
Tolerans’ SPEEDLINER® 2.0 Ribbon Doubleround stitcher is designed for high-speed, short-grain commercial products. It is fully shaftless, servo-driven and located under the former board. The durable double-round design allows constant stitcher production up to 140,000 copies per hour. This ensures a completely worry-free stitching process.
- For high-speed cross-web stitching of commercial short grain products.or cross-web stitching of compact size printed products.
- Stitches at full production speed up to 140,000 cph.
It is designed to stitch in either straight or skip/collect mode.
- Moves on rails for easy handling.
SPEEDLINER® 2.0 Ribbon Doubleround moves on rails; this makes it easy to move the stitcher between multiple stitching positions to allow better access to the folder and make the replacement of consumables and parts easy.
- Modular construction for easy maintenance.
The SPEEDLINER® 2.0 Ribbon Doubleround is easy to operate and to maintain, minimizing downtime. The central lubricating system lubricates the cam and major bearings. The stitcher features a service cassette that includes the stitching fork, the wire rest and an easily removable cutting/forming unit. The modular design allows users to change wear parts without having to make any adjustments.
- Customized, modular control system for easy operations.
The stitching system includes a customized, modular control system based entirely on standard components, where the functions are remote-controlled for easy operations.
- Includes high-end standard features.
Standard features include servo drives (both on main and wire feed motor), controller, touch screen operator terminal and remote connection via modem or Ethernet.
- Built-in service and maintenance support program in control system.
The control unit also features a built-in indicator that monitors service intervals and contains service instructions to facilitate maintenance.
- Stitches at full production speed.
- 2-4 stitching heads.
- Staple width: 12 or 14 mm.
- Wire gauge: 0.4-0.5 mm diameter.
- Cut-off length: 403-445 mm.
- Weight: 200-300 kg.
- Two-axis servo technology.
- Wire feed with intermittent feeding.
- Able to run with traditional unwinders or Tolerans DrumTop.
- Power supply: 3×380-480 V AC, 20 A.
- Requires air supply of minimum 6 bar.
Service & Maintenance
Full documentation and customized manuals for specific stitching solutions are always provided.
To enjoy ideal performance and reliable production in any stitching system, wear parts must be replaced regularly. All systems are equipped with a customized Wear and Spare Part Program that makes it easier to know when, how and what to replace. The different wear part kits are designed to be replaced at certain interval points. The wear part kits enable quicker replacements with less downtime and, where applicable, all mechanical settings are pre-set when delivered.
Ribbon stitching in the press – how it works: