Lateral In-line stitching systems
Finds new ways and formats.
In order to suit all publication formats, stitching can either be done cross web or along the web in a process we call lateral stitching. This revolutionary new technology makes it possible to stitch products such as broadsheets, Berliners and small format quarter-folded products within the press using existing equipment and at full production speeds.
The stitchers can be installed in almost every kind of web press and in various configurations, depending on production needs and technical circumstances. Stitching products in-line is a far more cost-effective process than stitching them off-line as it’s less time consuming.
- has 2, 4, 6 or 8 stitching heads. This gives a large variation of number of copies per stitcher revolution.
- has intermittent wire feed for various numbers of staple patterns.
- can be integrated in the folder before the quarter folder.
- can be mounted in a separate module between the folder and the quarter folder.
- can be mounted before the quarter folder for mailroom applications.
- can be mounted in a module for a continuous web application (direct mail).
- can be mounted on the former for in-line stitched broadsheet and berliner production.