SPEEDLINER® 2.0 Cylinder
OFFSET CROSS–CYLINDER (2nd FOLD)
High speed, shaftless and modular, it is the world’s leading stitching system for newspapers and commercial print.
The SPEEDLINER® 2.0 Cylinder is a high-end, shaftless, modular stitcher capable of running beyond full production speed. It has proven itself to be one of the most secure and reliable in-line stitchers on the market with its winning technology, valuable features and lean design.
The SPEEDLINER® 2.0 Cylinder stitcher is perfect for stitching newspapers and commercial printed products. The stitcher is fully shaftless, servo-driven and stitches towards the folding cylinder in the press. It can be used both for straight and skip/collect production, and the switch between production modes is easily remote-controlled. The Cylinder stitcher stitches up to 144 pages beyond full production speed. The Tolerans SPEEDLINER® 2.0 stitching systems are modular, durable, reliable and easy to install, maintain and operate. This ensures a completely worry-free stitching process.
- For cross-web stitching of compact size printed products.
E.g. tabloid products, mini-Berliner, A3 or A4. For any web width.
- Stitches at full production speed up to 120,000 cph.
It is designed to stitch in either straight or skip/collect mode.
- Moves on rails for easy handling.
SPEEDLINER® 2.0 Cylinder moves on rails to allow better access to the folding cylinder parts, making the replacement of consumables and parts easy.
- Modular construction for easy maintenance.
The SPEEDLINER® 2.0 Cylinder is easy to operate and to maintain, minimizing downtime. The central lubricating system lubricates the cam and major bearings. The stitcher features a service cassette that includes the stitching fork, the wire rest and an easily removable cutting/forming unit. The modular design allows users to change wear parts without having to make any adjustments.
- Customized, modular control system for easy operations.
The stitching system includes a customized, modular control system based entirely on standard components, where the functions are remote-controlled for easy operations.
- Includes high-end standard features.
Standard features include servo drives (both on main and wire feed motor), controller, touch screen operator terminal and remote connection via modem or Ethernet. The flexible design allows integration in most press control systems on the market.
- Built-in service and maintenance support program in control system.
The control unit also features a built-in indicator that monitors service intervals and contains service instructions to facilitate maintenance.
- Stitches at full production speed.
- 2-4 stitching heads and adjustable staple distance.
- Staple width: 14 or 16 mm.
- Wire gauge: 0.5/0.6/0.7 mm diameter.
- Cut-off length: 442-700 mm.
- Weight: 100-150 kg.
- Two-axis servo technology.
- Wire feed with intermittent feeding.
- Able to run with traditional unwinders or Tolerans DrumTop.
- Remote-controlled pagination adjustment.
- Power supply: 3×380-480 V AC, 20 A.
- Requires air supply of minimum 6 bar.
Service & Maintenance
Full documentation and customized manuals for specific stitching solutions are always provided.
To enjoy ideal performance and reliable production in any stitching system, wear parts must be replaced regularly. All systems are equipped with a customized Wear and Spare Part Program that makes it easier to know when, how and what to replace. The different wear part kits are designed to be replaced at certain interval points. The wear part kits enable quicker replacements with less downtime and, where applicable, all mechanical settings are pre-set when delivered.
Cylinder stitching in the press – how it works: